Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II rear bumper trim removal

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Same colour as the car I think, I have seen a few knocking around now with this done and they look good.
I would like to smooth out the surface so I get a nice smooth finish, so was thinking about:
flatting off the trims with an air sander to take them down a bit, then priming with a plastic prima then prima filler to fill in all the low points and keep flatting and priming till I have a good smooth surface, then on with the paint, not sure what prima colour to finish with yet, need to do some homework the car is the pearlesant silver (632 I think) I reckon it will be a light colour possibly white.
Never applied pearlesent paint before so it will be an interesting project, especially as I think the paint will be water based, again a newie for me, will I be able to use an acrylic lacqure over this paint when it is dry, or will I need a water based lacqure?
Bet you are sorry you asked now?

what I would love to do to it, is 1st buy a set of renault sport front and rear bumpers I have seen a couple of them for sale on the web, made for the CC around 436 for both plus the twin exhuast pipes web site is
check it out, they make the CC look wicked, would also like to change its colour not sure yet to what possibly clio metallic yellow or even the VW metallic green they are putting on the Sciroccos now would have to be careful due to colour of leather, but as always it comes down cold hard cash, or lack of it so it is just paint bumper caps for now and keep dreaming!
Reality is so harsh!
6 little numbers is all it takes!
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome