Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - tried everything for my non working remote central locking, and still no luck!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Dave_Blench
Unhappy tried everything for my non working remote central locking, and still no luck!

Hello, Iím fairly new as a member to this site, but have been reading the forums for a while now! Iíve got what is alarmingly common problem on my X-reg (2000 Ė think mark 1 phase 1?) 1.8 16v Alize Laguna.

Iíve tried everything to solve this simple problem, but mine differs at places. My remote central locking is still not working after trying loads from these forumís, and donít really want to do the whole get ripped off by the dealer show.

Were at lot of these forumís say something about the whole resetting your key, mine doesnít do this, I tried turning the ignition to standby, then turning off, holding the key at the centre console were the doors should lock and unlock, my Laguna does sweet F.A, then I read about dampness possibly being the problem I disconnected all the wiring looms for the doors, and the receiver next to the rear view mirror, spayed some WD40, giving them air, reconnecting them, and still nothing.

Tips that may help, - my mam owned the car before me, and she said she had this problem before, but for her it was just the case that the car didnít recognise the key for a couple of days to a week, then suddenly it worked again (its been about 2 weeks for me) and for some reason if I open the back passenger door, the remote central locking works again, teasing me I think (had a real close look at the door/loom but again nothing)

Has anyone a clue on whatís going on? Would deeply appreciate any help that anyone can give!

Currently in Dave_Blench's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna I 1.8 16v Alize
  5 Lastest Threads by Dave_Blench
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
tried everything for my non working remote... Electronics Dave_Blench 7 1512 29th July 2009 01:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome