Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II rear bumper trim removal

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
(its centered upon lots of air volume passing over the surface, rather than heat to dry the paint),
No worries - will just waft the trim under the wifes chin and tell her I forgot to wash the pots, should be pleanty of air volume there!!!!
No seriously! thanks for that, I only asumed it would be water based, as the chap that was/is going to mix it for me said on renault they are waterbased on 04 as a passing comment, I think it may be a freebe so I will wait and see what comes my way but he also mutterd about a can, so I will have to wait and see, don't want to hassel him.
So basically if it is water based colour I will need a waterbased lacqure, I did ask that question and he said Naaa once it is dry - FULLY DRY you can squirt any lacqure you want on it, I did wonder on that, not being a sprayer but have sprayed in my own unique way and found that not ALL paints are compatable at my own expense, so I do wonder some times what he is on about, he also told me any colour prima will do as long as it is light in colour, I know this is not always right as well again more expensive "why doesn't it match" experiances, do you know what colour I should put on for the colour base coat in prima vehicle is 632 Gris Boreal, Lechlar colour chart says 134E, oval plate says MV632.
Thanks again for your help.
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome