Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Setting Your Key Plip

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 30th July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by leebo View Post
This is for anyone who needs to set up a new plip or re-enter there old key

first of all you need to get your personal emergancy code which can be provided by your local renault dealer. this will be a 4 digit code which can be entered to override your emmobilizer if your plip isnt working.lets take an example. 2552.
the way u would enter this code is by keeping your finger on the central door looking button in your car until your emob LED flashes 2 times then release, then keep your finger on for 5 times then release and so on. after the release of your finger on the final number the emmobilizer is off and the car can be started.
right now for programing of the plip.
1. The immobilizer must be on
2. Turn on your ignition
3. Enter your emergancy code using the central looking button
4. Turn ignition off
5. Within 10 seconds after turning off the ignition, press and hold the central door locking button for more than 2 seconds(the doors should lock then unlock and the red immobiliser light will illuminate)
you only now have 15 seconds to do the following
6. press the first plip 3 times within 1.5seconds close to your plip receiver in the roof console(the doors should lock then unlock on the 3rd press)
7. repeat the whole operation if you need a second plip setting.

now then i no someone who went to renault had a new battery and 2 plips set for 150. i will say no more!!
ive tried all this and still not working could i try anything else ???????
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome