Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Oh no, not yet another type of screw!!

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2006 Thread Starter
Banned User
Curveball Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by lagdti
Not wishing to contradict anyone,but I'm 99% sure thats a rivet.I have the same headed fixings holding the flap hinges on the fuse box on my(broken...) Laguna,and they're definitely rivets.

Sorry Hondo,but it's Black and Decker time!
Well, well spotted that man on a motorcycle

Telephoned Renault today and asked WTF is holding the # plate on the front of my car to which they asked
"Why?" I explained all the blurb in my first post on this topic & without any hesitation they asked if I was anywhere near them or could I call by, it just so happened I was going to go past them within the hour they said they would fit another one for me free of charge, I haggled a bit, but not for long I was way too busy.

The point is, when I got there a guy came out armed with a battery drill, he drilled guess what out. Yep rivets, I was on my way again with a brand new flush fitting stick on # plate in less than 10 minutes with the old one in the boot.

Well done Renault, first class customer care, above and beyond.

Very well spotted lagdti, many thanx.

Also thanx to the rest of you who contributed in bringing this post to a successful conclusion.

Cheers hondo
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome