Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio electrical arcing???

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hi thanks for the advice ive changed the earth and the negative leads with new ones and it has made the car run smoother and leveled out the idle , however today when driving the car it suddenly lost all power , i restarted the car whilst moving and it regained power but the stop and battery light are illuminated, when i stopped and turned off the power it wont restart!!! im starting to think that it may all be caused by the starter motor?? am i right in saying the starter motor is behind the bumper on the passenger side??? if so this is where i think my arching sound has been coming from i know i had a problem with the heat shield but that seems to have dissapeared and the new problem is non start!! so just to clarify, is the starter at the passenger side in the bumper and do you think it could cause my problem??? i think it may have blown and caused a surge which made the car cut out but please any help you can give would be very much appreciated

Currently in paul-clio1.6.16v's garage:
peugeot 106, clio 1.6 16v, suzuki sv650, hyosung gt650r
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome