Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I want to buy an Espace, advice/tips/reccomendations appreciated please!

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Ive fallen for the 3.0dci

Good lick with the 2.0 I think ... Ive gone mad

I've read all the horror stories and Im still being pulled strongly to a 18 month old sub 10k mile 2008 Espace 3.0 dci from a Renault main dealer.

I was considering downsizing from our '06 Seat Alhambra 140 Stylance to a 5 seater estate car ... we're doing a lot of long distance trips these days and the firmness of the Alhambra gives great handeling but it's too tiring over long distances.

After endless trawling and research my short list was a 4 year old A6 Avant ... and a slightly more expensive newish Skoda 2.0TDI CR vRS ...

Then the Espace caught my eye ... its probably what I should have bought last time but the Seat was SO much cheaper and more fun to drive. The Espace now looks too much of a bargain to overlook and is now £10K cheaper than the only direct alternatives I can think of (Audi Q7 and Merc R Class)

It would be nice to hear from anyone who has had a great experience with a 3.0dci ... but I suppose that most people wouldnt come on here if they didnt have a problem

So I might be letting myself into a lot of trouble and a financial money pit so how do minimise the risk?

A long comprehensive warranty to fend off financial risk ... are there any pitfalls I should watch out for here? Can I get a Renault Extended warranty from the dealer?
Currently in MrRob's garage:
'06 Seat Alhambra Stylance 140 TDI PD
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome