Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane fuel pump/sender =removal tank distortion?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
you mean you don't charge by the hour or part of ???

gonna have to make jacking it up and down reall slow.....
and lifting that back end carpet is seriously hard work... takes forever to roll it back....

Oh! and that special universal renault tool works on all Renaults, Pug's and various other makes of fuel tanks that have sender units that are a utter pain in the ass to access.

i sold my renault tool to my local garage, the owner was really happy to get the tool as he had been looking for a similar universal tool and had been unable to source one without resorting to spending silly money for it.

the sender fitting kit is about 15-25 for the rubber ring and the plastic ring.
they should be changed everytime you remove the sender as they distort to shape once fitted.

you also have to have the correct sender to the tank you have fitted, as they have a habit of having a inner tray that the sender sits in.
if you get the wrong sender unit then the fuel gauge arm will not float correctly and will hit the inner tray and give incorrect readings, also the sender unit has a differnt shape for the filter at the bottom, there are a number of different senders/tanks
(so you might have to take the sender back if it does not fit(as i did)).
btw the working one i have boxed spare is 700 825 251-560-002 dated 1997 burun
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...

Last edited by mord; 1st August 2009 at 11:49 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome