Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #360 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Vel satis 'elia' pics

Thanks Guys for your comments, I am a newbie to this, so if I had worked out how to add the pics to the message, I should have done that.
But I will try and take a couple more decent pics soon and post them - I guess the 'ELIA' Bodykit is probably fairly rare on the Vel Satis - only real fanatics probably paid for it.
One other thing I want to say presently - I have worked on servicing my own cars for 30 + years, and as time has gone by, they have become more difficult for diy - due to the complexity of electrical equipment.
I have never figure out how electricity works anyhow. As far as I am concerned it happens by magic, despite what the Physics teacher told me.
The Vel Satis is the same as any other car to work on, but there is a lot more magic to go wrong - and finding a decent magician to sort it out is not easy.
It seems like the manufacturers have come up with the solution to make you unable to get anything fixed without going to them - only they have the thingy which plugs into the special socket to diagnose what has gone wrong.
You know, - a RENAULT Main Agent wouldn't even sell me the special Oil Filter Removal tool with the excuse
' We don't sell tools to customers ' ( try reading that in your most depressing voice - and you get the picture).
Anyhow, eventually I did find a supplier to sell me one for 30 - and believe me, I would n't even attempt to remove the oil filter housing on the 3.0dci v6 without this tool. I did have a look at all my other oil filter tools before, and none of them would be able to undo it without wrecking the housing - not recommended.
I like doing oil changes - it is good therapy !
Currently in Satistician's garage:
2008 Renault Kangoo 1.6.16v Auto ( Disabled conversion ), 2008 Renault Kangoo 1.6.16v auto ( salvage to fix the 1st one ), Vauxhall ARENA 2.5D - AKA RENAULT TRAFIC 1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome