Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Car ????

Thread: What Car ????
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
As ever, Dervman's datasheet gives some useful information. You'll need MS Excel to load it though.

Probably of particular interest are the PW TW and WR columns. The first being the car's (peak) power to weight ratio, the second being its (peak) torque to weight ratio, and the third being a combination of the two which is supposed to be a good indicator of 'driveability.'

We've had two 1.2 16v's so far, and I'd consider them to be lively enough as long as you're not planning on winning any races. I'd honestly say that its 0-30 time was on par with my previous Laguna 2.0 IDE , and there are plenty of cars that it'll still 'burn off' from the lights - just don't count on still being ahead once you hit 60mph.

The only real answer is to take one for a test drive. Now car dealers everywhere are going to hate me for this, but even if you're planning on buying privately, go to your local Renault dealer, feign interest and see if they'll give you a test drive.

Just avoid the 1.2 8v. The engine isn't a patch on the 16v. The 8v 1.2's are badged '1.2' on the doors, whereas the 16v's are badged '16v'
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome