Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Configure headlamps so they are always on (like SAAB)

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi saabguy, your headlights must be in the dipped position, side lights are not enough (same as in Poland).

I gave up trying to work out how to get my dipped beam to come on with the ignition

Instead I knocked up a little circuit board with a PNP transistor, biasing resistor, protection diode, sounder and a switch.

I connected the ignition sense input to the passenger electric window which only comes live when the ignition is on.
I connected the dipped beam sense input to my right side Xenon headlamp.
The negative connection was made to the cars chassis (ground).
All this can be done at the fuse box, so it***8217;s quite easy to install.

I positioned the sounder behind the unused speaker grill next to the dash dimmer.

Now when I fully insert the card and the igntion goes live, the sounder makes a beeping noise to remind me to turn on my headlamps.
When the headlamps are turned on the sounder goes silent.
The sounder is quite loud, so you***8217;d want to turn on the headlights as the noise gets on your nerves.

When I am back in the UK I can deactivate the circuit by flipping the switch which breaks the ground (0V) to the circuit.

Simple but effective

It only cost a couple of quid to make, compared to a 46***8364; fine if you get caught with your lights off.
Currently in DeLorean's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.8 16V Dynamique - my little money pit!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome