Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - new renault megane coupe 1.5 - Cruise control failure !

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2009 Thread Starter
rochelle scott
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
new renault megane coupe 1.5 - Cruise control failure !

this is a new model and my husband and i were so glad to have it until two weeks ago we were driving and the cruise control failed to disengage, this caused us to have a major accident, my husband tried everything to disengage car, he pressed the breaks, the clutch everything , it didnt work, we ended up on the wrong side of the carriageway, lucky to be alive, has anyone has cruise control problems before? this has totally put us off renault cars, renault uk took almost two weeks to go to the body shop to inspect it, no courtesy car was offerd, the police did their investigation quick, were awaiting the results still, its two weeks now without a car, a major company should have been more helpful, to add insult to injury and yes i was injured, the local delearship didnt even inform renault uk that we had informed them of a problem with the vehicle, they just told us we will make a note that u came in. i mean to say if my children had been in the car, or if someone else may suffer the same, if we had died in the crash then renault wouldnt even have known there was a problem with our vehicle.
Currently in rochelle scott's garage:
renault megane coupe 1.5 2009 model
  5 Lastest Threads by rochelle scott
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
new renault megane coupe 1.5 - Cruise control... Electronics meganebj58 2 3814 3rd August 2009 07:00 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome