Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #108 of (permalink) Old 3rd August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by MIKE4369 View Post
My ex LagII did similar lots of lights and went into "limp mode" found that moving the wiring in the engine compartment around the sensors on the block did have an effect plus regular use of injector cleaner. A diagnostic test by a large main dealer revealed nothing (not surprising) - my advice here is not to be conned and accept a long list of possible causes with an equally long list of parts that MIGHT (!!!!) fix it. Wiring is the most probable check in the forum - look at the ECU plug connections and check for corrosion. When all else fails sell the car and get shot of the problem that's what I did !! Send me your e mail and I'll send some notyes on the F5R engine.
So you are saying that all else did fail...
I am no expert but found this:

Driveability symptoms that result include poor startup, engine stall after startup, poor idle, engine stall at idle, poor throttle response at throttle "tip-in" or possibly even engine "ping." Besides those things, you may also discover that you are unable to access the vehicle on-board diagnostic tests, and/or unable to properly set the ignition timing!

My mechanics says the same, and I don't like it, but guess there is a good reason for it..
Currently in oarneer's garage:
Renault Laguna II 1.8 stv 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome