Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #109 of (permalink) Old 4th August 2009
Originally Posted by oarneer View Post
So you are saying that all else did fail...
I am no expert but found this:

Driveability symptoms that result include poor startup, engine stall after startup, poor idle, engine stall at idle, poor throttle response at throttle "tip-in" or possibly even engine "ping." Besides those things, you may also discover that you are unable to access the vehicle on-board diagnostic tests, and/or unable to properly set the ignition timing!

My mechanics says the same, and I don't like it, but guess there is a good reason for it..
Just 1 flaw in this explanation as far as I can see - the Lag II is "fly by wire" meaning no cable or backstop to adjust, in fact on my throttloe body was stamped a big X near the adjustment screw. So its down to electronics and that means problems. Unless mechanics are completely electronics savvy then you will always get the run around and big bills. I suggest checking the wiring - youv'e got nowt to lose and it won't cost!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome