Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - PLEASE READ : FIXED Laguna dci - warning light, lack of power, jumpy throttle

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
PLEASE READ : FIXED Laguna dci - warning light, lack of power, jumpy throttle

To All

I just want to say that for months on & off I have like many others had the Coil Warning light problem, the lack of power when pressing the throttle.
Also the running with the turbo seemingly "off" as well as the "jumpy" & intermittent pick up of power.

I have read this forum for months trying to find the answers and to be honest I have tried everything:

Cleaning the EGR valve - I posted a "how to" with pics.
I even bought new EGR valve, new turbo solenoid cos it was buzzing like a good un (it shouldn't) and the turbo pressure switch. MAF was ok too.

In the middle of all that I blew the turbo & replaced that and the intercooler. I alos changed the air, fuel and oil filters, changed the preignition coils and glow plugs. and what for ...... nothing, niet, nada, rien. :loser:

Then after running along at max 70km/h in "limp mode" for 3 days now and planning to torch the b***h, MadNoel comes along with a seemingly unimportant observation ==>

Quote "One member of the forum had a similar problem and it was eventually discovered that the wiring connections and loom to the turbo pressure sensor was faulty. It may be worth exploring that aspect."

here ==>

So I thought ok - it doesn't "seem" electrical but hey what the hell.

And the problem is now solved (fingers crossed).

The culprit is a broken wire on the connector to the turbo pressure switch- i mean how simple to over look that but it was hidden in a cable cover and I guess that's why I didn't spot it before.

Next came the big problem- how to fix it as I made a quick botch-fix (run like a dream all the way there :20km and back) and visited the local Renault Stealership and they don't sell the plugs & connectors - they only replace the whole freakin wiring loom - so sod that !!.

I got into the tool box and was thinking of soldering it back on when the little lifesavers jumped out and presented themselves - in the form of electric wiring connectors.

So another botch fix started:

Cut the 3 wires from the connector but label one as 2 are grey and one yellow.
strip & attach to the wire connectors.
Plug into pressure sensor
tape over to stop damp
broooooooom brooooooom broooooom

viola - no warning lights , power restored, no throttle issues AND it didn't cost me a cent - well that is if you don't include all the wasted money on parts I probably didn't actually need. But hey it's a fix for me.

I just want to add here that this is a fix / repair for me and I'm not saying it'll resolve everyone's problems but I seem to have been thru the whole range of problems that some of you have and as a result tried (and failed) to find the actual cause.

I hope this helps someone as MadNoel certainly helped me and dserves a gazillion rep points for that little gem of advice.

Renault on the other hand - don't have a clue and when I called out the Belgian AA equivalent last week, he "diagnosed" a dirty fuel filter. A**e !

I have attached the pictures here - hopefully in order.
Excuse the quality but they're from my iphone as we left the camera in the Uk last week when we were over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken_wire.jpg
Views:	2752
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	8047   Click image for larger version

Name:	botch_fix1.jpg
Views:	2530
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	8048   Click image for larger version

Name:	the_rescuers.jpg
Views:	2406
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	8049   Click image for larger version

Name:	botch_fix2.jpg
Views:	2470
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	8050   Click image for larger version

Name:	final_botch.jpg
Views:	2393
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	8051   Click image for larger version

Name:	no_warning_lights.jpg
Views:	2398
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	8052  
Currently in Maq's garage:
2010 Range Rover Sport HSE (LHD) & Clio 1.4 16v RTE (LHD)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maq For This Useful Post:
AnotherLoser (27th July 2011), brikab (28th November 2011), coventrysimon (21st August 2012), loudable (24th January 2013), mikk1301 (11th August 2013), Stevenbutt (12th November 2012)
  5 Lastest Threads by Maq
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II 1.4 16v non starter Electronics Maq 0 805 1st February 2012 09:11 AM
PLEASE READ : FIXED Laguna dci - warning light,... Laguna mikk1301 22 28276 4th August 2009 02:16 PM
2004 Clio 16v sport on "fire warning" ... Interiors ottoman 4 1250 12th February 2009 12:19 PM
Laguna II clutch issue.........weird Engines Lagdti 7 1826 9th February 2009 02:04 PM
It had to happen............. Engines bpowell555 8 1854 19th October 2008 06:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome