Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna,revometer/tyre sensor and electronic petro gauge gone haywire,car wont start!

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by ttfan1978 View Post
Hi,Thanks for your reply. It would help if I gave more info
Its a 51 plate 1.6 expression. I am beginning to think it is a pile of scrap. I was hoping that the revometer etc would not be too expensive to fix,ie a new instrument panel/dash??
Can the tyre sensors be turned off?(I am thinking they are a bit of a pain,after all what did we do before these were invented?)
But the more I look into it the more I am hearing it will be hundreds of pounds. I will get my husband to check the battery tomorrow as he is away to work with my car.

Iam i right in thinking all these problems started at the same time?? if so i would have the battery checked,

With regards to your tyre sensors there is a thread kicking about on the forum about bypassing them by doing something with pulling the fuse??but iam not sure where it is so have a check of the forums search facility, but iam not sure they can just be turned off

Hope that helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome