Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Espace Initiale V6 3.5

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Originally Posted by mrtotty View Post
What do you mean 'even'?
I say 'even' because I prefer cars that go round corners........just my inbred response to American yank tanks

Originally Posted by kingkhong View Post
Too right, you only live approach is to enjoy life as long as I provide for my family and keep on the right side of the law!
Ditto that fella

Two years ago, there was a gleaming brand new black Chrysler 300C Touring in the local showroom. The bonnet was opened and the cam cover read 5.7 litres...5.7!! And the knock-down price was 21k! If only I had spare cash and more ridiculously, the courage! And I nearly bought the Jeep Commander but with Merc diesel, not the hemi!

I once had an XJR - lost money big time - with a beastly 14mpg. Bought new and sold 7 years later for peanuts. Maybe I should have kept the thing. And I had at the same time a Sharan VR6. Soaring fuel prices and growing responsibilities meant cutting the cloth...You're right, big smooth engines are addictive!
Hmm, I wasn't quite planning on spending that much Budget is hopefully around 12k so realistically I'm looking at a 05/06 V6 300C Touring which just wouldn't cut the mustard in my eyes

My first fast car was a 3.0 V6 Laguna which I loved and it shifted some. My fastest to date was my Subaru Legacy Bi- Turbo that was a rocket, unbelievably fast......until it died on me, six weeks after buying it and 2000 later

By the way, you raised an important consideration - LPG is not allowed into the Eurotunnel, isn't that so? And how would it affect resale, or boot space, or performance?
You are correct, LPG is not allowed thru. the tunnel. I assume by that comment you travel to the continent frequently? Space wise, the tanks can be located in the spare wheel well which obviously means you'll loose the spare wheel. I'm not sure how much room there is under an Espace but I know they can sling tanks under certain cars!

Performance so I have read is pretty much on a par as when using the main fuel supply just half the price

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome