Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How many miles from a full tank

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
We've just returned from a weeks holiday in North Wales, so it gave me a chance to work out the mpg from our new 2000 Laguna 1.9dti Estate. I was really pleased with the results.

I filled up before we set off, and filled up again when we got there so I could tell exactly how much we'd used (made note of miles done, pence per litre, and how much fuel put in). Then filled up again before we set of home to see how much we'd used while there, and finally filled it up again when we got home.

We did 1100 miles altogether and it worked out at 50.6 mpg. It didn't seem to matter what sort fo driving it was, motorway, up in the mountains of Snowdonia, traffic, the mpg doesn't seem to change (hardly anyway).

The trip down (200 miles) was mostly at speeds of 70mph (slightly above sometimes, to keep up with traffice flow you know ). We did have a couple of longish hold ups in traffic jams, mpg worked out at 45.6

Filled up when we got there and did 700 miles driving around Snowdonia (twice), Anglesey, and backwards and forwards to Rhyl (17mile round trip) to pick my son up, and drop him off (he lives down there). So a good mix of driving conditions, mpg worked out a 50.6 again.

Filled up before we set off home, 200 miles, all motorway or major A road, no holdups, and worked out at 50.6mpg again. Even allowing for the slightly lower mpg on the trip down, it averages out at 49 mpg, so looks like I'm going to be getting around the 50mpg mark....well pleased after what I was getting from my petrol Rover 620.

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome