Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Alpine head unit not working

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
New Alpine head unit not working

Hi guys

Trying to swap out the factory head unit for an Alpine CDE-9871R in my 2001 Clio

When I've done this in the past in other cars I've needed to buy a cable to convert between the car's wiring loom and the black connector that goes into the stereo.

This didn't seem to be necessary this time as the head unit came with a similar cable to that which I usually buy and the car's wiring slotted straight in.

Unfortunately whilst the old head unit worked a treat I can't get this one to fire up at all. There are four connectors coming from the car:
The two standard power/speaker connectors which get converted by the adapter into the connector that goes into the back of the stereo
The aerial cable which I've plugged the adapter onto a plugged into the head unit
A square connector I've not seen the like of before, I assume this is to do with the old stalk controls / dashboard display which I'm not interested in any more

With the factory head unit turning the electrics on turned on the stereo, but no such joy with the new unit.

Any ideas folks? Thanks for your time
  5 Lastest Threads by fatboyjim
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Trolley Jack Height - Clio Mk 2 1999 Tools & equipment fatboyjim 6 2893 12th February 2011 03:28 PM
Clio misfiring / drinking coolant Heating & cooling fatboyjim 5 1679 17th September 2010 06:34 PM
Clio II - Vibrating steering and... Steering and Suspension fatboyjim 3 4986 19th December 2009 02:36 PM
New Alpine head unit not working Electronics mord 1 938 7th August 2009 04:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome