Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dvd sat nav again?!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Dvd sat nav again?!

Hello to one and all...

I have been snooping around the forums looking for a solution to my problem but I am unable to find one hopefully someone can help me.

I have recently purchased a Laguna II Sports tourer 1.9 Dci (2005). I'm very happy with it but I have had some issues getting the sat nav to work.

The car has the full up Carminat DVD SATNAV with integrated bluetooth, 6CD changer etc. I am at the moment unable to get the GPS to work in any capacity. The icon remains grey all the time and it is unable to give me any kind of position.

The TMC _info works fine. From some basic research I have gathered some bits of information together. I understand that the sharks fin on the roof could be knackered (this seems to be a reoccurring theme). I was thinking about replacing the antenna but I donít know where it connects. I have looked behind the DVD unit (above the stereo) but I donít know which connector is the GPS feed. If I could get away with it I would just connect a simple GPS receiver sand stick it somewhere on the dash. The driverís side panel in the boot has a AM/FM receiver box, does this have anything to do with the GPS aerial.

I also have a BOX of tricks in the glove box but I think this is the radio tuner receiver?

A lot of questions I know, but Iím trying to get my head round the problem without pulling the car to bits. any info would be greatly appreciated
  5 Lastest Threads by Captain_gash
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dvd sat nav again?! Electronics pghstochaj 1 621 7th August 2009 05:05 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome