Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing damaged reverse light switch

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 7th August 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by shnim1 View Post
Hi..I have a laguna 2001 privilege

i am a newbie at this..and a fairly common problem as my reverse lights do not coming on (bulbs and interior AC/rev light fuse OK)

I have found the pale greenish switch adjacent to the driveshaft which (from your postings) is probably the damaged switch...and wow it is way in there.

Does anyone know if the switch twist/pulls off? or do you have to unbolt the largish looking hex nut directly in front of the green plastic bit? can these be repaired or only replaced

Any help would be appreciated

I agree with other replys - but first thing first - which car do you drive (engine and age)

Replaced my gear box switch about 3 years ago - drained and replaced the oil to. This was on the J5R five speed box fitted to the 1.8 and 2.0 petrol engines.

You will need a 24mm socket to remove the switch and fit the new. All is accessible from under the engine once the undertray is off ( for me the difficult bit)

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome