Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna vs Mondeo vs Saab

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by jayjaynz View Post
Thanks for your input Scatz, poor lad.:hug Sure its not the man flu variety!
Im scouring the internet for ads for cars right now. As I said earlier, I was lucky perhaps to have bought my Laguna for 800 nearly four years ago, tho it was 1000 by the time tax, insurance etc. Now the only ones I see are hundreds of miles away that are in that price range.
Your comment about the Saab
Saab = Reliable (pre GM intervention IMO)
I take to mean they have a General Motors component now - but whats IMO?
Whats your view on petrol vs diesel for the newer 1.6/1.8 petrol Lagunas on performance and fuel efficiency?
i missed the bit about fuel economy in your post my laguna II is a 1.8 petrol. 1.6 is too small for a car of this size/weight. my 1.8 is enough to have a little fun with but as i said in my last post not a sporty car. i do a lot short journeys and with very carefull driving i get avg of 33mpg. on motorway journeys. you can just hit 40mpg. dont expect much more out of the petrol.

Speaking of the Laguna II cars the best engine on paper looks like the 2.2 DIESAL that gives far better performance than 1.8petrol & slightly better economy too. i didnt know this at time of buying mine & regret buying the petrol. the more common 1.9 diesal will give same performace as 1.8 petrol but far better economy. so not much point buying a petrol really if feel ecomony is of concern. hope some of that helps.
Currently in 007inda's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna 1.8i 16v Dynamique / 2004 Scenic II 1.4 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome