Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - Airbag and Service light illuminated

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 9th August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My clio (1998) 1.9D failed its MOT due to airbag light staying on (indicating the system was not working according to my mechanic).
He has promised to look into/quote and rectify the fault as I need a legal car!
He went straight for the dashboard faults and did not mention anything at all about the possibility of loose wiring under the front seats.
He also has not mentioned anything about testing the systems ECU relating to this area of the car.

He has warned me if it is the 'whole system' that needs replacing this will be in the region of 375 + labour.

I am so annoyed as he is charging by the hour and has had my car for over a week.

I am about to suggest we take the car to Renault as it might be that he does not have the necessary diagnostic kit.

Reading this forum has brought me to the conclusion the first thing he should have done is take the seats out and check all the wiring.

I am so upset as I thought I had found a reliable mechanic. (they are far and few between in my area!).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome