Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Thule Roofbars

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by momist View Post
Hi Bigtum, I already have extra long Thule bars and was looking to fit them to the new Scenic II. I'm now totally confused.

The Thule fitting site has changed in the last week, and now says I need the 753 low level foot pack, whereas a few days ago it said I needed the 751 footpack. The 3078 fitting kit is still the same, but looks a lot like the one on your pictures. Whatever, I will have to cut the slots further along the bottom of the extra long bars, to get the feet close enough together.

Can you let me know what numbers were on the ones you sent back?

Hello Ian,

The part numbers are 753 and 3078 repectively, coupled with the 861 aerobars: sell the bars on if you can, then, get the Renault bars.

I would still recommend anyone thinking of purchasing the Thule roofbar kit for the Scenic II to reconsider, unless of course, aesthetics are not an issue. I have taken receipt of my Renault aluminium bars (very pleased with fit and finish), and have fitted to them a Kamei Corvara roofbox.

They were used for the first time last weekend on a four hundred mile round trip (fully laden), and whilst I did note an increase in noise, I still managed 47 mpg: a decrease of only 1 mpg: very pleased with the outcome.

Hope this helps.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome