Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna vs Mondeo vs Saab

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by jayjaynz View Post
Thanks Inda and others for your feedback and on the petrol vs diesel on the various engine sizes. I really am looking for driving economy, but wondered whether the price for petrol made it worth persisting with diesel. As I really dont need to drag others off at the lights any more, I dont need the sport variety either.
My problem now remains - the best cars up for sale are those a couple of hundred miles away
But the longer it takes to find the replacement the fitter I get -I have to cycle everywhere!
Yes, in that case I would really stick with diesal. Just looking on parkers the 1.9dci laguna gives avg combined economy of 51mpg according to parkers, for realistic mpg figures on used laguna II's I think there was a thread on the forum somewhere regarding fuel economy.

I forgot to ask if you do go for a laguna, is it a mark 2 your looking at between 2001-2007 or the very new shape?

Just comparing on parkers out of curiosity the Mondeo standard 2.0TDCi engine reports a avg figure of 48mpg, so the laguna II's beat it on fuel economy...only just. :-)

Where abouts in the country do you live. lol. I thought there were tons of cheap Laguna's on the market, do you get nothing local to you on Autotrader website?

Currently in 007inda's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna 1.8i 16v Dynamique / 2004 Scenic II 1.4 Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome