Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna vs Mondeo vs Saab

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 13th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna Vs Mondeo vs Saab

Replying to your observation there are loads of used Lags on the market - well yes, but they are mostly petrol. I live down in Fareham and mostly the vehicles offered in diesel are upwards of 90 miles away. The ones I tend to ignore are those with high miles eg over 140k. I hauled out all my receipts this morning and saw that the $800 quid car I bought that I thought had only had 65k on the clock had in fact 96k when I bought it and has cost about 2800 , to run excluding fuel, so I havent been doing the high miles I thought - shows you how lacking my logic/sums had been. About the Phase type - I have wanted to get a newer car mainly cos of lower miles. I have realised if the cambelt has been replaced this isnt quite so much of a worry - what does make me anxious is the increase of electronic components on the newer ones - and how frustrating it is when those go wrong and the cost of fixing them. So maybe I'd be better to stick to the pre 2001 models???
In the meantime, the only vehicle Im considering is on a yard up in Lincoln, on the Parkers website. Auto trader has been trawled through, as well as Freeads, Gumtree and Ebay .
Currently in jayjaynz's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome