Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2004 Clio Driver Side Airbag deployed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2004 Clio Driver Side Airbag deployed

Hi, I was hoping somebody here could help me, I have read all the posts regarding my problem on these forums and haven't found one that answers my specific question.

I have a 2004 Clio 1.4 that I want to sell, however another car bumped me on the side, there was almost 0 body work damage but the driver side airbag has deployed.

I've been driving a new car so I would like to sell this car but I want to make sure that the safety is perfect for the buyer however renault has quoted extreme prices that dont make it feasible and my insurance won't cover because I only had 3rd party and the car that hit me sped off.

Because im a student and on a tight budget I have decided to carry out the repairs myself together with a panel beater friend. I've managed to source a cheap seat with airbag, an airbag computer that's identical to mine from a car that wasn't crashed.

The only question I have is, can I just replace the airbag computer or is there more to it, does it store individual airbag serials and perhaps vin information, or can it just be exchanged without any additional reprogramming? And besides the seat is there anything else that I should be changing like the side airbag sensor?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Currently in Pr0PheT's garage:
'05 Titanium Silver Clio Sport 182
  5 Lastest Threads by Pr0PheT
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2004 Clio Driver Side Airbag deployed Electronics Pr0PheT 8 1912 15th August 2009 07:06 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome