Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dci 2004 onwards

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello, i bought a new Scenic 1.9 dCi in August 2004. I tried both the 1.5 dCi and the 1.6 petrol, they were OK but the 1.9 has good power/torque and good MPG. I hear that the 1.5 dCi has better MPG but i prefer more power/torque over MPG. I get between 35 (town) and 55 (longer journeys) and feel that is good given the size/weight and aerodynamics (brick!) shape.

If you surf the Web you will find horror stories about the Turbo on 1.9 dCi`s, when they were first sold the service interval was 18000/2 years !! I have always changed the oil on my Scenic every 6000/6 months using a Renault filter (not expensive) and fully synthetic 5W40 good quality oil , and not had any problems.

As far as home servicing goes most is OK to do at home, just a bit filddly due to lack of room under the bonnet, nothing a bit of time cannot fix !!

One important thing to look out for is the Cambelt change, its due at 72000/5 years whichever comes sooner. I had mine done at a Dealer, also advisable getting the aux. belt and tensioner, and waterpump done at the same time ! Could be a bargaining tool if it has not been done, i paid just under 500.00 for mine. It sounds a lot but, it could be a big bill if it goes Bang !

Hope this helps, regards Damian.
Currently in DJC013's garage:
2004 Scenic II 1.9 dCi Dynamique 6 Speed Black (VF1 JMRG) F9Q 812 NDO

Last edited by DJC013; 17th August 2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Spelling !!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome