Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Does The Word 'Service' Mean To You?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
Well,if I gave you a hammer you would have just hit the nail on the head.The word service means many things to many people.....

What is a full service?.

What is an interim service?.

Would you be happy to pay for an interim service and 100 miles down the road the front pads start grinding as they are metal to metal?.This could happen if you religously stick to certain manufacturers schemes....
To be honest i couldn't tell you what a full servive or an interim service would involve

I will let others answer and see what they think to see what they think there getting for there money but its going to be far less than some think,

The bottom line with me is a can't afford Main dealers.......... so i use my independent, and off the top of my head i think he charges about 55 hr and the saving always comes in the price of the aftermarket parts unless its dealer parts only,

Cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome