Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel gauge Lag2

Thread: Fuel gauge Lag2
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fuel gauge Lag2

Hi Everyone,

Just bought a 51 plate Laguna Dynamique 1.6 16v and really like this car. Don't think I have ever been more comfortable when driving!

However I do have a small problem that hopefully someone can help me with.....

Despite having put 30 worth of petrol in the car the fuel gauge moves to the top of the red and no further. The orange/yellow petrol tank graphic also remains lit up. The miles left to fill up display shows ---- flashing constantly.

When you turn the engine off the fuel gauge does return to sit at the needle but on restart just goes back to red again. I have done the test by pressing the button in on the wiper stalk and holding whilst I put the card in the slot and everything flashes away including the fuel gauge which moves up and down like a good un!

The only thing temporarily amis with the car is that the CD player is not installed (being re-coded) but I can't see that that would make a difference would it?)... I do know that the battery was changed last week (hence no code in the radio) could that have caused the malfunction?

Other than that I am stumped. I would be grateful for any ideas.
Best wishes
  5 Lastest Threads by the-ant
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Lag II tank sender unit Engines rjafonso 4 1610 21st September 2005 12:22 PM
Are these TIC manuals any good/useful? Cars & motoring the-ant 5 1527 14th September 2005 12:46 AM
Fuel gauge Lag2 Electronics Bigstu 10 2728 5th September 2005 01:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome