Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Does The Word 'Service' Mean To You?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
I would not trust any garage, Dealer, independent or the garage under the arches !

If I have to use a garage for a job I cannot do I always inspect their work afterwards.

I always service mine myself following the manufactures schedule adding anything I feel necessary such as halving the Renault oil change intervals., When draining the oil I leave it to drain for the length of time it takes me to service and inspect everything else, about 2 hours, unlike all garages that give it about 2 seconds of dripping before screwing the sump plug back in as another vehicle is waiting to be serviced.

minor, interim and full service only means what the garage wants it to mean ! It could mean anything.

My son took his porsche 944 to an independent to be serviced, I don't know what oil they used but the engine was very noisy, I changed it for the correct quality oil and it went quiet again.

Most drivers and even garages do not even know what oil should be in the engine !

A problem well stated is a problem half solved !
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome