Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Does The Word 'Service' Mean To You?

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2009 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Thats a very good point Davesss,with no set standard that everyone uses you could have a full service done at two seperate garages and they could be very different.

Obviously people on here are well educated in looking after their cars,but you'd be amazed at the amount of people that phone up wanting 'a service' without really knowing anything about the things that are done (or should done).It leaves many people open to abuse by less honest garages or mechanics.Until an industry standard is introduced and adhered to by all garages,the system is open to massive abuse.

I would think that the 99 service offered by many people is no more than an oil and filter change and kick the tyres,with the prices of oil for many cars there can't be any proper inspection,theres no way any garage that charges 100 an hour labour rate can carry out 'a service' for 99 without cutting corners,but I suppose many people are just happy to have a main dealer stamp in their book.

Some interesting points made so far,please keep them coming.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome