Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Upgrading the Stereo In Clio Mk II

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Upgrading the Stereo In Clio Mk II

Hi, im looking to upgrade the stereo in my clio from the standard cassette player its come with, and im wondering if the best way to go is to get a second hand renault cd player off ebay

(so the controls by the steering wheel still work and the dash display still functions, and it doesn't make my control panel look flash and ridiculous, as many aftermarket stereo systems tend to do.)

(also out of curiousity what does the dash display do if its no longer hooked up to a renault stereo?)

Ive also noticed the Renault Alpine brand cd changers that can be bought off ebay , and im thinking this might be the best option for my car, renault sterio and cd changer not messing up the styling if you know what i mean.

I would however really like my ipod to hook up to the system, preferably in a way that i could just plug the thing in, hidden in the glove box, and control it directly from the sure this is far to much to ask, but if you have any ideas or aftermarket products you can suggest id greatly appreciate!...been hunting around the net for answers but so far havent managed to turn up much!

Cheers much!
Currently in IrishSurfer's garage:
2002 Renault Clio II 1.2 16V Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by IrishSurfer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
List of Servicable Parts for a 2002 Renault Clio... Cars & motoring Lagdti 1 1513 12th January 2010 10:05 PM
Upgrading the Stereo In Clio Mk II Electronics IrishSurfer 2 1934 21st August 2009 03:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome