Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Remove wiper arms*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Bought to tool - how to use?

Hi guys hope you can help...

Came across this thread when trying to look for ways of removing the front near side wiper arm from my Clio MkII in order to get to the windscreen washer pump that has stopped working.

Anyway, bought the tool recommended by Pat W. (post #2) from my local MachineMart but still can't seem to get the arm off I'm wondering if I am using the tool incorrectly?

I've taken the bolt off the arm then slotted the metal feet underneath the arm and started screwing the tool down using the black plastic handle. Trouble is I get so far then can't get it to screw any further as the grip on the black plastic handle is not sufficient to get enough leverage to turn any more. I notice there is a bolt on the screw but can't work out how I can use this -If I could get a wrench on something that would give me more leverage. Knowing my luck the plastic handle would split if I tried that...

So to those of you who have successfully used the tool can you offer any advice? I have left the tool on and soaked the wiper arm with WD40 for now.

Currently in Feenix's garage:
2000 Renault Clio 1.4 Etoile
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome