Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Remove wiper arms*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
So, I persisted with the tool and, predictably, the plastic screw top came off...but it revealed a piece of metal with a notch in that would hold a big screwdriver. Managed to get an adjustable wrench around the metal part of the tool and using a screwdriver got the arm to budge

Next job was the other two bolts holding the second wiper arm. These were not as bad and after a soak of WD40 and, this time, the use of a ratchet tool thing I have managed to leverage off. BTW the "special purpose" tool didn't fit this wiper arm assembly.

With the pump unit out I followed the instructions here: Renault Clio Mk 2 Window Washer Pump Problem *Solved*. The pump was a bugger to prize apart and the plastic is pretty soft but a bit of perseverance got me there. Sadly when I plugged the pump back in the little black spindle didn't spin. Looks like the middle part of the pump unit is applying to much pressure to the motor to allow it spin (or the motor too weak - there was a bit of water in there). The motor works without the middle section but looks like I will have to try to source a replacement on this occasion .

As usual a simple job turns out to be a half day one but that's cars for you!
Currently in Feenix's garage:
2000 Renault Clio 1.4 Etoile
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome