Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Annoying intermittent sensors

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Annoying intermittent sensors

Hi Guys,

I have 2 probs at moment with my pain in the ass laguna.

1, For the last 6 months ish a orange light keeps popping up on the dashboard. I believe its called the toxic fume filter system warning light. I took it to my local garage and he said it was coming on because the car was misfiring so he recommended a service. I had a full service and for about six weeks i didnt see the light again. However it then came back with a vengence and now intermittently comes on every day. I should also add that previously to the light ever coming on i had had a new sensor fitted as the car would sometimes cut out when idling or been driving for a bout half an hour.

2, Last week my car wouldnt go into first gear, so again i took it to my garage, he took the gear box out, cleaned it and put back together and it now works ok. However since then a new warning light keeps coming on, the air bag light and SERV on the panel. Again it flashes on and off intermittently. Could this be related to the work done on the gear box or is that just a coinidence?

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies for any poor spelling.
Currently in davenkirsty's garage:
Scenic I 1.6 16v Fidji
  5 Lastest Threads by davenkirsty
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Ren Scenic I Accelerator cable Engines OLD 2.0 SCENIC 1 3914 26th August 2010 03:46 PM
Fag lighter Electronics madnoel10 1 1645 18th February 2010 05:21 PM
Renault Scenic 1 - Hissing From Brake Pedal Area Wheels & tyres Lagdti 4 9927 18th February 2010 09:09 AM
radio turning off Electronics regie 12 2394 18th October 2009 04:41 PM
Annoying intermittent sensors Electronics scatz 1 1150 24th August 2009 07:20 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome