Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Intermittent immobilsher/fog lights

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by wooleywool View Post
Hi, I was wondering is someone could help.

I have a 2001 Clio Dyminaque 1.5, my front fog lights have stopped working, however on my dash board when I press the break or put my idicators on the front fog light flashes on the dash. This then brings me to my second problem and i am wondering if the 2 are related, my immoblisher seems to be intermittent and not switch off. This has all happened since I went to the Renault dealership/spares to get the key battery replaced. Has the sync possibly be lost or is there a short being caused by the fog dash light. Its really annoying as it is so intermittent, and wondered any solutions to fixing it.

Also while I was at the dealer/spares i asked for replacement fog lights, but they said i needed to know the type of bulbs I wanted, only I dont know how to get into the fog lights to get the bulbs. Any help for a complete numpty when it comes to cars!
As Martink states on some models there is relays under the glove box right at the corner these are upside down and oftem come loose. Also the back light connections on the lamps corrode, you can buy cut and shut repair looms from renault for these.
To check the imob, if the red light stays on all the time with the ignition on it is normally one of the three black relays in the trianglr shape box next to the battery(sometimes Brown). If the red light flashes fast with the ignition on it's normally the key or the ring decoder around the ignition barrel. If the light does not light at all, then it's normally the UCH controll box near the glove box.
Currently in Rentech's garage:
Traffic 11/ Scenic Dynamic 106 60plate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome