Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Complete electronic system failure, then recovery, then failure.. then recovery!!! ??

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
TO follow up this thread - I have been driving around since I wrote it with no great inconvenience - the most difficult thing really has been getting used to starting the car more slowly and waiting for the electronic whurring of what I think is the petrol pump to stop before I start the engine.

If I do forget this and turn the key all the way without this pause occasionally the elecronics die. I have discovered the best and quickest way to remedy this is to disconnect/reconnect the battery positive - breaking the circuit for only a few seconds seems to restore the car electrical system to normal.

I remembered the batt. positive terminal connector has probably always been a bit loose since I gave someone a jump start so I've made a point of tightening it in case a poor contact is making it overload.

Indeed, could giving the jump start have buggered my battery slightly? I hope not, I will never be so kind again

Oh.... and what IS the whurring sound I hear when I first turn the key?

Thanks for everything.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome