Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - passenger electric window problem clio II

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question passenger electric window problem clio II

basically, the passenger side window will not go up and down like it should. when the switch is connected, it will only go down. if i reverse the motor wires, it will only go up.

the solenoid has been replaced, as well as the white plastic bush, the mechanism is fine, and we have tried a few switches, and get the same problem. the fuse is also fine and has been replaced. drivers window works as normal with the drivers switch.

so im guessing it is in the wiring somewhere. i have had a look at the wiring diagram in a haynes manual, and everything links back to the multitimer, which i understand controls most of the electrics in the car.

is there any way of wiring that switch onto an independant circuit? i have a relay, i know which two wires go to the motor and i think i know which one is the power (light blue wire) but then two of the wires go to the drivers side passenger and drivers window switches, and then to the multitimer. but it doesnt say what goes on in the multitimer for me to know what to do with them. is it a case of if one of the passenger switches doesnt work, then it wont work at all? is there a simple fix without wiring a new circuit in?

sorry for the long post, iv been as detailed as i can. hope someone can help, its really really annoying no having a passengers window.
  5 Lastest Threads by italianstallion
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
passenger electric window problem clio II Electronics Rentech 2 1179 26th August 2009 11:56 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome