Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Pollen Cabin Filter Location*with Pics*

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Martsby View Post
Replacing a Pollen cabin filter – Renault Scenic II (03 onwards)

Time – 30 Min's
Tools – Possibly a Torch
Parts – New Pollen Filter
Handy Tip –
1. Wait for the engine to cool.
2. Take care not to drop the cover behind the engine compartment

The Pollen Filter is located at the rear of the engine compartment in the bulkhead wall and is located above the engine. It is behind a plate which is secured with 2 clips (as per Ottomans Photo).

This photo makes it look like there is a lot of space - there isn't!!

You remove the clips by turning them clockwise and then the plate comes away easily

WARNING – take care not to drop the plate behind the engine – it is almost impossible to retrieve.

Once removed you will be able to see the front panel of the pollen filter which is approx 10 inches by 1.5 inches. You remove the filter by pinching together two flanges on the front of the filter (see photo below).

The filter will then come loose, often with a bit of jiggling. The filter is a square box which is integral to the front panel and extends backwards directly into the car. To remove the filter push the front panel down slightly as you withdraw the filter so that it clears the top of the access hole.

The filter can then be slid over the top of the engine

Replacement is a direct reversal of the removal process.
Hi, Iám Minne from the Netherlands and I'm new on this forum. I have a Scenic II 2005 and wanted to have a look at my pollen filter and then I made the big mistake to start without reading this forum. So my cover dropped behind the engine compartment. How big a problem is it to get it back and where to start? Can the filter be used without the cover?

Does anyone know where I can order a replacment filter?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome