Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #363 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hi all,
I am a proud new owner of a vel satis 3.5 v6 initiale.
Where do I start, well what a car for the money superb impressed with it in every way ( apart from fuel usage but then again you dont buy a 3.5 v6 engine for economy!!) . superb power , superb luxury everything works now as is should do.

Just thought I,d let you know that I found a fault after buying privately so no warranty that:
I had a service report that kept intermittently appearing on dash and after a while (when it started to rain that is) that the wipers were not working at all when service was on dash .
Traced it down after few swear words and expecting it to be rain sensor to dodgy electrical connector that connected to wiper motor( next to battery). cleaned connector and closed gap and roughed up spade ends.

All seems fine now (touch wood). service message dissapeared. car only done 38000 miles so wondered if anyone else had encountered same problem?. and to advise people who get same problem to investiagate wiper motor connection first.

all the best to you all.
Currently in philiphec's garage:
2002 vel satis 3.5 v6 initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome