Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - XR25 diagnostic box repair

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Martin. I investigated the diagnostic socket, and discovered that there is no power, just a small voltage when the ignition is turned on, enough to light the cassette light on the XR25, and fool me into thinking it must be faulty. Actually, it should self-test as soon as it is connected to the socket. I then found the ignition fuse had blown. Problem solved, XR25 working and car working. I hope I didn't strain anyone's brains, and perhaps it might help someone in the future. Of course, the gearbox will no doubt still be lumpy, and the XR25 still shows a problem on the torque reduction connection between the autobox computer and the ignition computer. I had the connectors off these and found a lot of oil and crud in the injection connector, and some inside the computer. It seems to have run down the wires, probably emanating from the cylinder head. All cleaned up now, but there may well have been a combination of shorting and bad connections going on in there. It's surprising it's running as well as it is.
Currently in nacg1132's garage:
Laguna 24V Executive
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome