Here's my list:
A garage 2 work in 4 starters cus whenever there's a job that needs doing on the car it rains like mad with gale force winds etc..... well it did 4 me b 4 I got a garage, or maybe that was just my luck!
Warm clothing, couple of layers aswell cus concrete floors are cold and not forgetting very hard so a few layers give you a bit of cush.
Cups of tea/coffee availible even if u don't drink either!!!
- best tool in any workshop cus if all else fails then...
Set of good decent spanners
- not cheap ones cus it's not funny when one snaps on you and u smash u r knuckles in. Metric and imperial sets, and has n e one noticed that 18mm spanners r missing in sets unless you pay mega bucks for a set?
Torx Sets (male & female) -
just when the job is flying 4 u there's a few torx screws or bolts thrown in just 4 fun!!! I hate em cus they always seem 2 chew up even when using the correct size bit on em!!
- like the spanners, a good set that won't snap, twist or the socket splitting types like I've had in the past.... O, and all sizes from 4mm up to 65mm or more or am I being greedy?
Pliers (ordinary & long nose)
- I'd be lost without mine!
Useful implements: A Bench vice
Scaffolding bars (1 short, 1 long)
- spanner/wrench leverage when needed.
1 Long solid steel bar
- leverage on wishbones
Ball joint splitters
- Hours of fun without em!!
Jacks and axle stands
Common sense and lots of patience.
Haynes manual, cd manuals and a forum like this!!
not listing n e more, typers cramp setting in.... but you can never ave enough tools n e way!!