Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Essential Tinkering Tools

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 17th June 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Here's my list:
Comfort Tools:
A garage 2 work in 4 starters cus whenever there's a job that needs doing on the car it rains like mad with gale force winds etc..... well it did 4 me b 4 I got a garage, or maybe that was just my luck!
Warm clothing, couple of layers aswell cus concrete floors are cold and not forgetting very hard so a few layers give you a bit of cush.
Cups of tea/coffee availible even if u don't drink either!!!
Hammer - best tool in any workshop cus if all else fails then...
Set of good decent spanners - not cheap ones cus it's not funny when one snaps on you and u smash u r knuckles in. Metric and imperial sets, and has n e one noticed that 18mm spanners r missing in sets unless you pay mega bucks for a set?
Torx Sets (male & female) - just when the job is flying 4 u there's a few torx screws or bolts thrown in just 4 fun!!! I hate em cus they always seem 2 chew up even when using the correct size bit on em!!
Socket Set - like the spanners, a good set that won't snap, twist or the socket splitting types like I've had in the past.... O, and all sizes from 4mm up to 65mm or more or am I being greedy?
Screwdrivers (various)
Pliers (ordinary & long nose)

Circlip pliers
Mould Grips
- I'd be lost without mine!

Useful implements: A Bench vice
Scaffolding bars (1 short, 1 long) - spanner/wrench leverage when needed.
1 Long solid steel bar - leverage on wishbones
Ball joint splitters - Hours of fun without em!!
Jacks and axle stands

Human tools: Common sense and lots of patience.

Literate tools: Haynes manual, cd manuals and a forum like this!!

not listing n e more, typers cramp setting in.... but you can never ave enough tools n e way!!
Currently in Magpie's garage:
Laguna 2.0
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome