Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Spray painting Espace tailgate

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
hi paul,

i seem to be getting on ok so far... its just the shells im painting so no worries about masking up

ive got a spare set of door handles that im currently painting aswell so they have already had 2 coats of primes and 3 basecoat ready for lacquer tomorow. the mirror shells have also had 3 coats of basecoat and are currently drying in the greenhouse, which ive been keeping warm.

only thing i noticed is that the lacquer doesnt have a ball in i thought thats rather odd, went back up to halfords to rattle a few tins and it seems none of the lacquers have a ball in them... the primer i had says shake until the ball is heard. just need to give it a damn good shake?

oh and i now have a problem. i thought i would spray a little lacquer tonight on one of the handles just so i could see how it looked in the morning after its dried...ive went a bit OTT with it and got a few runs!! it was a bit thinner than i expected. will i just let it dry and sand it off again?
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI

Last edited by stef123; 28th August 2009 at 10:12 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome