Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Spray painting Espace tailgate

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by stef123 View Post
hi paul,

i seem to be getting on ok so far... its just the shells im painting so no worries about masking up

ive got a spare set of door handles that im currently painting aswell so they have already had 2 coats of primes and 3 basecoat ready for lacquer tomorow. the mirror shells have also had 3 coats of basecoat and are currently drying in the greenhouse, which ive been keeping warm.

only thing i noticed is that the lacquer doesnt have a ball in i thought thats rather odd, went back up to halfords to rattle a few tins and it seems none of the lacquers have a ball in them... the primer i had says shake until the ball is heard. just need to give it a damn good shake?

oh and i now have a problem. i thought i would spray a little lacquer tonight on one of the handles just so i could see how it looked in the morning after its dried...ive went a bit OTT with it and got a few runs!! it was a bit thinner than i expected. will i just let it dry and sand it off again?

little update - ive managed to dry the lacquer enough to rub it back off without any problems, im now back to basecoat and primer to start again in the morning. hopefully wont be as heavy handed this time
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome