Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Spray painting Espace tailgate

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 29th August 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Sorry I didn't catch your first post - yes, you've done what I would've suggested. (follow your instincts Grasshopper - ) - an old TV series called Kung Fu...

The lacquer does have a ball bearing inside - you'll start to hear it as the tin empties.

All I can suggest is take your time, it will be more enjoyable (you are saving money), and the result will be more satisfying (it'll be to a standard you are rightfully proud of).

I'd give the handles plenty of time for the paint to dry & harden up, mainly because - once fitted, they will be getting a fair bit of wear & tear.

Take a pic or two (or more), I'm sure they will turn out just grand.

hi paul,

thanks for the advice. ive done 2 coats of lacquer on one of my mirrors but its got like a very light orange skin affect on it. its not major but its not perfectly smooth either.
im back to square one with the handles, or atleast the lock bezels. the lacquer seems to have formed into a puddle and has also went white... so im in the process of rubbing it back off.
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome