Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Spray painting Espace tailgate

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 29th August 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
The orange peel effect can be compounded and polished to improve the situation - but it'll need a few days to harden beforehand.

Lacquer will go white with a build-up of bubbles (are you spraying too close?), or if moisture contaminates the surface (a bit of heat required).

It is very difficult to achieve a 'glass-like' finish, so be realistic about what results you are obtaining, as most people will not be as critical of your work as you are.

i will get the mirrors back on the car within the next few days and make my mind up about the orange peel effect. will probably just leave it as its not major.

as for the bubbles, i may have been spraying a bit close...

thats both the mirrors now completely finished, just need left overnight to harden. very happy with the finish especially as ive never done spraying like this before. one of the mirrors is a little more shiny than the other but i reckon once its on the car no one will know. after a wash and polish i reckon it will be the business.
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome