Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna ll 2001 1.6 16v starting problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th August 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Laguna ll 2001 1.6 16v starting problems

Hi everyone i own a laguna ll 1.6 16v expression for almost two years now and have no problems up untill recently, apart from the usual key fob and tyre pressure sensor issues but judging by the forums these are pretty standard! About two months ago the car began to not start very well and woulod take a good ten pushes of the start button to spring to life, and would cut out evry now and again when comoing to a stop for a junction, but now the problem has escalated, the car wouldn't start at all and when i lifted the bonnet there was a constant beep coming from the air flow meter, when i removed the connector on the air flow meter the beep would stop and upon plugging the connector back in it the beep had gone and when i pushed the start button again the car would start but the revs would go up and down without me even touching the throttle, now the car will not start unless i take all the big fuses out and put them back in again, thus reseting the car i guess. I have checked all earthing and have made sure all contacts on fuses are good, sometimes it will start but only run on three cylinders, the tick over is also appauling and near to stalling most of the time, the issue seems to be electrical and intermitent but there are no lights on the dash giving me a clue to what the issue is related to! I dont know if they are related but the reversing light switch has gone and i am in the process of fitting a new one, and the exhaust is blowing a little from the manifold area. Sorry about the lenght of this thread but its such a strange issue its hard to explain! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
Currently in danieljobson5's garage:
2001 renault laguna 1.6 16v expression
  5 Lastest Threads by danieljobson5
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna ll 2001 1.6 16v starting problems Electronics danieljobson5 2 2367 30th August 2009 01:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome