Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Electronics - Immobiliser issues

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 1st September 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hey Guys, I got a Renault Clio II RXE 16 (2001), Ever since i got this vehicle the Key never had the function of operating the doors automatically, always wondered why the key had a Button and everytime you pressed it, it blinked twice..and that was pretty much all it did.After reading tru this forum, i figured out that it obviously was meant to Lock/Unlock the doors automatically but that didn't bother me, i was quite satisfied with that functionality being implemented in a button next to the Gear Stick, So naturally the key was soley used to Manually Open the Door and Start the Car,I was a Happy driver until two weeks ago when it refused to start.
Ok, here's my situation.I did leave my Car in the garage for about a month without starting it (Went for a vacation), The battery was stone Cold Dead..Hey, i wasn't complaining..These things happen, but when i did eventually get my battery full charged, i tried Putting the key in the ignition, turned it on and the car gave out a Good Swing but it didn't start,The Immobilizer button at the centre of the Console is responding to the key (It blinks, but as soon as i put in the key it stops).
So after plowing tru in this forum, you guys gave me some ideas that it could actually be the key/immobilzer problem, but i don't know about that..
Some people say that it could be the memory is erased from the ECU .
Others say that i Need New Keys, then there is the Hold the Centre Locking Button next to the Gear Stick for a period of time, Replaced the battery on the Key, Don't have a Sun roof so i don't think the Sensor would get wet, I've tried alot of these techniques but it doesn't seem to be working.
Look guys, i cannot afford to take it to a dealer, I would really appreciate your help on this.
Currently in Neoblade's garage:
2001 Renault Clio RXE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome