Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Disable Kangoo Passenger Airbag

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 1st September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by scatz View Post
As you mentioned volcano, the child is two and is hopefully being sat in a suitable restraint system, I assume like this one. If this is the case then there is no real requirement to disable the airbag and my advice would be not to!

The guidlines state that it would be prudent, although not necessary, to seat a child in this type of restraint system in the rear of a car especially if an airbag is in use, however, I believe it would be safer to leave the airbag active rather than inactive.

Put it this way. If you, god forbid, have an accident would you rather some airbag injuries to your child or possible worse injuries? I know which I would prefer.

See here for further guidlines on child seats

Again, thanks for all the replies but PLEASE READ MY ORIGINAL POSTING - the Kangoo has no rear seats as it's wheelchair adapted, so all the replies saying "safest to put the child in the back" are not really of much use to me....

There may be a need to put a 2 year-old in the front, so as per my orginal posting does anyone know how the passenger airbag can be disabled if there is no key switch? Thanks.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome